Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

I have recently purchased the 65 inch oled a1 tv with the Ht-st5000 soundbar and two SRS-ZR5. Will sony be making it possible to set up a true surround sound system linking these together.

I am disappointed that this is not already available, with sony's high end soundbar.

I know the Ht-st5000 can bounce the sound off the ceiling to provide a surround sound effect, but surely having actual rear speakers linked to the Ht-st5000 would give a superior sound quality especially now the Ht-st5000 has recently been updated for Dts surround sound. 

Please Sony update the Music Centre to allow surround sound grouping of wireless speakers  to work with your premium Ht-st5000 soundbar. I know that surround sound works with some of your other wireless sound ars

and the SRS-ZR5 speakers.

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
mannydtown
Explorer

CES is coming up SOON! HOPEFULLY we get good news! 
profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Sadly I have been watching my thread over the last month's and do not believe that Sony will do anything to correct this issue.

I am very surprised as they seem to be second best to samsung but they have never positively responded while samsung has improved beyond Sony with their top of the range soundbar. 

I would advice anyone who has not yet bought the sony sound bar HT-5000 to look elsewhere.

I have bought sony products in the past but will have second thoughts going forward. 

Sony you need to look carefully at your product development department and also take more interest in the sony community. 

You have Just lost the confidence of a sony customer who will be going elsewhere in the future.

Happy New Year to all those who have contributed to this thread.

KillerBeanKiller

profile.country.GB.title
alan4652
Explorer

Sony are losing a lot of friends,

Sent from my iPad

The original selling point is to give a atmos experience with out any separate speaker and everything is in one box. That is also major reason that we were willing to pay so much extra money to it. But If sony finally support that, it's kind of admit the orignal design is a failure. From business pespective it is also a sort of fraud to their customer. So even technically it's not a problem to give rear support via a FW update, the product manager and the whole team will have no motive to do that. Nobody want to admit mistake specially it's not a simple good or bad to judge the quality to sound system.

profile.country.GB.title
ricto1
New

I would also put into question the reviewers from magazines which are quite blatantly untrue
profile.country.GB.title
rymdkakor
New

Adding the functionality should be fairly straightforward. I'm betting the
firmware for the HT-ST5000 shares a lot with the firmware of the smaller
subsequent models that do support extra rear speakers so adding support
shouldn't be that much work.

The incentive to do it would be the goodwill they would get along with some
potential publicity from news sources posting about "good guy Sony" for
adding the functionality. Other than that they would improve their
reputation when consumers feel more comfortable shelling out large amounts
of money for products because they feel Sony will support and improve them
if needed. If you pay 1500USD for a sound bar you should be able to expect
some continued support from the manufacturer.
profile.country.SE.title
anbjrnl
Explorer

Hello! Sony!!

Do anybody in the company listen to what we ask for?

Please give us rearspeakers for this soundbar. It requires it!!

profile.country.GB.title
bigsquare
New

Agree, maybe that was the reason Sony later put out HT Z9F, a Dolby Atmos soundbar with rear speakers.

profile.country.GB.title
kbarnak
Explorer

Appears that Sony don’t reply to any posts - they show a complete disregard to people’s comments

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @kbarnak :slight_smile:

Sony don't answer on this forum as it is a Sony user / fan forum.