Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

I have recently purchased the 65 inch oled a1 tv with the Ht-st5000 soundbar and two SRS-ZR5. Will sony be making it possible to set up a true surround sound system linking these together.

I am disappointed that this is not already available, with sony's high end soundbar.

I know the Ht-st5000 can bounce the sound off the ceiling to provide a surround sound effect, but surely having actual rear speakers linked to the Ht-st5000 would give a superior sound quality especially now the Ht-st5000 has recently been updated for Dts surround sound. 

Please Sony update the Music Centre to allow surround sound grouping of wireless speakers  to work with your premium Ht-st5000 soundbar. I know that surround sound works with some of your other wireless sound ars

and the SRS-ZR5 speakers.

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
chichan42
Explorer

Please add rear speaker support. Feels like I’ve been ripped off £1000

profile.country.GB.title
tamluther
New

Has there been any updates to the surround sound issue? We paid $1500 for a system that claimed surround sound and it seem the only way we are going to get that is to add rear speakers. 

Will there be a fix for this issue? 

profile.country.GB.title
chichan42
Explorer

No updates yet that I heard of . As for now enjoying the sound quality but not the surround.
profile.country.FR.title
DarthGoku
Explorer

Hey there !

No news about a future integration of the wireless rear speaker ?? 
A community manager could join the thread and confirm us if this is planned or if we just need to forgot this ?

thank you in advance !

profile.country.GB.title
chichan42
Explorer

Answer is still no. I still do a search and check Every time it crosses my mind.
profile.country.GB.title
kbarnak
Explorer

Shame , no rear speaker

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi DarthGoku , there's no news this will be happening, and I, personally, don't think it will happen as the system is already 7.1.2.

profile.country.FR.title
DarthGoku
Explorer

Thanks for your response 

profile.country.GB.title
provostkaypark

Totally agree

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Asked by Sony if I want to keep my Account open as I have not used it much. Yes SONY I want to see if you ever will improve the surround sound on my HT-ST5000 and link it to rear speakers. As performance without is not up to the price it was sold for and I still cannot understand why magazines ever gave it the high rating it got without full surround sound capability.