Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

SOLVED
mifello36
New

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

Hi. Hope somebody can help. Mum has a HT-CT60 sound bar connected to TV with optical cable. This has worked well for 12 months but had suddenly stopped working. I have changed the battery in the remote. When I press the power button on the remote, 2 lights on the sound bar illuminate briefly for a couple of seconds and then go off. No sound comes out as it seems that the unit is turning itself off immediately. Any suggestions?
85 REPLIES 85

Thanks a lot for the help. :slight_smile:
Don't you by any chance know how to stop the soundbar going mute every time there's a short silence in the audio source? Makes playing Resident Evil Remake impossible. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
HarryAneedshelp2
Explorer

Hey any luck on finding what is  wrong with my circuit boards? 

profile.country.GB.title
itzTHATguy
Explorer

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem as you: CT260H Sound bar will not turn on at all.  Took it apart and looked for bulging capacitors but no luck.  Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your sound bar?

profile.country.GB.title
HarryAneedshelp2
Explorer

Man that sucks. No I couldn’t figure it out. And after more research I couldn’t find any answers. Wish I knew what to do with it. 

profile.country.GB.title
itzTHATguy
Explorer

Yeah, probably more trouble than it's worth to fix.  Since I'm getting absolutely no power, my first guess would be the fuse (3.15A 250v small retangle near the AC connection).  I'll try to replace that if I ever get really bored.  I'll let you know what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

Check the line fuse first, and if that checks out then start looking for broken solder joints on the underside of the power supply section of the board. Once the solder joints are repaired and the issue still persists, grab a heat gun and start heating different areas of the power supply. If heating doesn't reveal the issue, use cold spray. If all else fails, grab your meter and start probing!
profile.country.GB.title
Derbywinner
Explorer

Hi, I get the same while watching, Tin Star and Berlin station. 

I have to rewind a little bit and then hope it plays through. It normally

works. I am pleased to know the reason it happens. Thank you. 

Regards.

Derbywinner.

Thank you so much! Came across this when searching for a solution to my failed sound bar. Even though I had to buy a soldering iron, soldier and the capacitor it still only cost me £13 to fix! Compared to the cost of a new sound bar that’s a bargain! Really appreciate the advice! 

benassy
New

Hello Guys,

Maybe one of you can help me with my HT-CT60 current problem. A couple of months ago I had the issue with the buldged capacitor and the 2 second power on and than power off. Changed the capacitor with a new one and it was a great success. Now after 2 months I have a new problem, this time I dont have any output sound from my soundbar. Everything works fine exept no output sound, regardless of the input. The remote and the power works and changes mods as it should. I tried to find a shematic/ diagram/ service manual on the  web but no success. Did some of you experienced this problem and find out a solution? Do any of you have service manual where I can trace the voltages on the board to find a failing component? Thank you! 

profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

Did you check the solder joints on the board when you did the capacitor replacement? If not, I would go back and do it. Their soldering job was crap on the unit I fixed.

--
[cid:part1.1343697D.E1BEE949@live.com]